UW Madison Distance Academy Webinar Series—Discount for SPS Members!
Convenient online short courses for busy industry professionals
We can’t always travel but we can ALWAYS LEARN!!! Below are webinar series opportunities for SPS members. These courses are taught by University of Wisconsin faculty as well as SPS Past Presidents!!!! The courses have a weekly live webinar that is customized to the students in the class.
Registration Discount for SPS Members!!
SPS Individual $650 per course (savings of $200)
Group discounts—Register 3, get 4th free!
In order to take advantage of this discount, you must email Eric Buxton at email@example.com to register at the discounted rate (SPS membership will be verified with headquarters prior to processing your registration).
A Practical Review of Cardiovascular Physiology, Pharmacology and Safety
April 5–May 31, 2016
Live: Tuesday 10:00 AM Central and 1 hour asynchronous sessions
The purpose of this course is to provide the learner with a basic review of the fundamental physiological processes of the cardiovascular system and pharmacological strategies for management or correction of cardiovascular diseases. It will also address safety issues associated with drugs affecting the cardiovascular system. Upon completion of the program the learner should be able to:
- Describe the physiological regulation of the cardiovascular system and what makes it work;
- Discuss cardiovascular receptor pharmacology;
- Identify the actions of various pharmacological classes of drugs which are associated with the therapeutic management of different diseases;
- Explain the drug development of novel compounds for treatment of heart disease;
- Describe the safety assessment of non-cardiac novel compounds-bringing safe compounds to the market; and
- Apply information in the course through case studies on drug development or post market reconsiderations (eg. Vioxx, Seldane, etc)
Instructors: Kristy D. Bruse, PhD, DSP, Integrated Physiology and Pharmacology Consulting, LLC, Steven Oakes, PhD, Clinical Assistant Professor,School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Hugo M. Vargas, PhD, DSP, Scientific Director, Integrated Discovery & Safety Pharmacology, Amgen, Inc