Dear SPS Members,
The Safety Pharmacology Society Distinguished Service Award (DSA) is an honor given to an individual who has substantially contributed to the field of Safety Pharmacology.
The following criteria will be considered for nominees:
- Specific research achievements
- Champions of the field
- Lifelong contribution to the field
- Substantial specific contribution
- Visionary direction
- Regulatory decisions
- Science of the field
- Collaboration between industry and academia
The Distinguished Service Award Nomination Deadline is May 1, 2016. Please submit your nominations to SPS Headquarters for this coveted award to honor your fellow safety pharmacologist.
Please visit the SPS Website to download the Distinguished Service Award Nomination Application.
How to Nominate an Individual:
- Complete the DSA Application —Please note: the Award Criteria (above) must be addressed in the application or letter of support.
- Submit one letter of support for the nominee, with two SPS member signatures
- Submit the nominee’s curriculum vitae.
- Submit any supporting documentation that may indicate the nominee’s achievement in safety pharmacology
Submit the application and supporting documents via email (PDF) to SPS Headquarters by May 1, 2016.
Please note: Only Members may nominate an individual for the DSA, although the DSA nominee does not have to be a member. A member may not nominate more than one person per year. The Distinguished Service Award (DSA) will be given every year, although there shall be no obligation or duty to make such award when, in the sole opinion of the committee, there is no qualified nominee. The Distinguished Service Award Committee conducts an in-depth review of all nominations, and looks forward to hearing from you soon.
We look forward to receiving your nominations!