Attention Students and Postdocs in the Northeast!
The Academic Outreach Committee of the Safety Pharmacology Society invites you to attend a unique career networking event at our upcoming 2019 Safety Pharmacology Northeast Regional Meeting.
October 17, 2019 – Shrewsbury, MA
Registration is free for Students and Postdocs! Don’t miss this opportunity to attend alongside industry professionals working to bring new, safer medicines to patients.
Students and Postdocs are welcome to attend one or both of the following sessions:
Career networking event (7:30 – 8:30 am)
- Receive a brief overview to the field of safety pharmacology in a relaxed, fun, and interactive environment from senior members in the society.
- Learn about the unique career paths that brought safety pharmacologists to the field.
- Receive career advice on how to land a job in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Have opportunities for networking and/or mentorship with industry professionals.
- Get free coffee and breakfast!
Full meeting (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
The remainder of the day will include lunch, coffee breaks, networking opportunities, as well as speaker presentations from a wide range of disciplines covering safety pharmacology topics such as:
- New look at secondary pharmacology
- Alternative therapeutic modalities
- Early safety derisking strategies
- Up and coming in vitro technologies
- Immune modulations
Don’t miss this opportunity for open discussion, to interact with the safety pharmacology community, and deepen your knowledge of the field.
While the event and Meeting are free for Students and Postdocs, your RSVP is required to help us plan, please RSVP for these events before October 11.
Additional information about the event can be found on the SPS Website.